School Sports Premium Funding
- A Sport Premium will be paid directly to primary schools for the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15.
- All Dorking Infant and Primary schools will receive a lump sum of £8000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil per annum.
- The funding will be ring fenced and surveyed by Ofsted at the end of the first year.
- All schools will be required to report their PE and Sport Vision on their school website
The Government requires Primary Schools to spend the premium on improving the provision of PE and sport for their pupils, as follows:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches, with an emphasis on them working alongside primary classroom teachers, when teaching PE
- Supporting professional development opportunities in PE, sport, activity and health
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE /sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the School Games
- New or additional Change4Life sport clubs
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs
- The programme you should offer should include high quality physical educations as part of the curriculum
- Enough competitive school sport opportunities for those young people who want to take part
- Activities designed to meet the needs of your least active young people
The Money MUST is to be spent on actions that are new or additional to those the school currently offers and add value for pupils.
Role of School Sports Coordinator
To maximise the effect of the School Sport Premium Funding the Dorking School Partnership has used some of their School Sports Premium Funding to appoint a School Sports Coordinator for two days a week.
- The role will provide a single point of contact for all PE subject leaders, coaches, clubs local Sports Development Officers and School Games Organisers.
- It will enable schools to work together on shared priorities to develop high quality PE provision, to pool resources and to continue to maintain and develop a high provision of sporting festivals and competitions.
Your Sports Coordinator is Carolyn Stowell
Based at: Powell Corderoy Primary School, Longfield Road, Dorking, RH4 3DF
Monday and Friday am and Wednesday all day