Health services in schools
Central Surrey Health offers services to children, young people and families.
Our skilled teams are committed to supporting the health development and well being of all those aged between 0 and 19 years. We work within a range of settings including schools and nurseries.
The 0-19 team is comprised of, specialist practitioner school nurses and health visitors, staff nurses, nursery nurses and community support workers.
Therapists such as speech and language therapists, occupational therapists and physiotherapists may also visit schools to see children with specific needs.
The services we offer to schools include:
- Health screening
- Confidential teenage drop-in
- Health promotion as part of the school curriculum
- Advice, support and referral to specialist services
- School staff training on medical issues
- Additional services are provided for families with specific needs.
This is not a comprehensive list and more information and contact details can be found at www.centralsurreyhealth.nhs.uk